- Be an honors student enrolled at West Virginia University as a full-time undergraduate student in good academic standing who will graduated in December 2015 or will graduate in May 2016.
- Have conducted original research using resources from the West Virginia University Libraries and used this research to produce a written thesis that reflects individual work, not that of a group or class project.
- Have completed the research project for a credit course at West Virginia University fall semester 2015 or spring semester 2016.
- Have submitted a letter of intent by or before the deadline.
- Have a cumulative GPA of no less than a 3.4 and have met the additional requirements for graduation as described by the Honors College of West Virginia University.
- Agree to permit West Virginia University Libraries and the Honors College to use their name, photographs, video images, etc., to promote The Robert F. Munn Undergraduate Library Scholars Award to future participants.
- Agree to attend the award ceremony.
- Agree to have his/her work published in the Mountaineer Undergraduate Research Review.
Seniors should notify the committee of their intention to submit a thesis no later than – Friday, February 12, 2016. The completed thesis must be submitted no later than 4:00 p.m. on Monday, April 18, 2016. For more information about the award, letters of intent, and criteria, see the announcement here.