Honors incoming freshmen are invited to join us for two weeks full of travel and literature with the WVU at Oxford Gap Program this summer! Students will learn how to analyze and interpret poetry, while bonding with fellow Honors incoming freshmen and staying on a 500-year-old Oxford University campus.
- July 23 – August 5 (two weeks)
- Live in the “City of Dreaming Spires,” staying at historic Brasenose College at Oxford University
- Earn 3 credits for ENGL-232 Poetry
- Fulfill General Education Foundations area F6 requirement, Arts and Creativity
- See a Shakespeare comedy at the Globe Theatre on the Thames River in London
- Visit iconic places such as Westminster Abbey, Big Ben, Buckingham Palace and Covent Garden
The cost of the trip is $4500. This includes group airfare, course credit, all lodging, breakfast each day, two plays, admission to historic sites, and transportation within England.
The trip is led by Dr. David Stewart, who earned his doctorate at Oxford University, and has been teaching English literature and worked with international students at WVU for over 20 years.
The deadline to apply is March 31. See the flyer for more details.
Learn more and apply at WVU Education Abroad.