Students in the Honors EXCEL program will complete coursework and other requirements in 3-4 semesters.
The bulk of the work will be completed through six credits of experiential learning.
Your project will be developed in the Project Development course (HONR450),
enhanced through out-of-class experiences (OCEs) and will culminate in the
Honors capstone (HONR451).
- 1-credit Project Development Course (HONR450)
- 1-credit Honors EXCEL Capstone Course (HONR451)
- 6-credits of experiential learning (2-3 semesters) in your major discipline or in the Honors College
- Complete 5 out-of-class experiences (OCEs) each semester in the program
- Complete the following final requirements:
- Submit a portfolio of out-of-class experiences
- Participate in an exit interview to assess your Honors College Experience
- Second semester sophomore year: Apply for the Honors EXCEL Program
- First semester junior year: Take Project Development course (HONR 450) and complete five out-of-class experiences (OCEs)
- Second semester junior year: Complete experiential learning in your major discipline or in the Honors College, five OCEs and a project report
- First semester senior year: Complete experiential learning in your major discipline or in the Honors College, five OCEs and a project report
- Second semester senior year: Take the Honors EXCEL Capstone course (HONR 451), complete five OCEs, submit your portfolio of your OCEs and participate in the exit interview process.