The admission process for Fall 2022 will open mid-Fall 2021.
Apply to WVU
- Submit Grades to WVU Admissions
- Submit Test Scores to WVU Admissions (unless applying test optional)
- Receive Admissions Decision from WVU
- Sign up for your WVU ID by
claiming your account, and begin
checking your WVU MIX Email account in the Student Portal (this is
where important information from the Honors College and WVU may be sent).
- Check to see if you meet the
standard Honors College Benchmarks for Admission
- 3.7 cumulative GPA (weighted or unweighted—according to the transcript your school
sends to WVU Admissions)
- 26 ACT or 1230 SAT (M/EBRW)
- If you do not meet the benchmarks, evaluate if you have time to possibly qualify with improved cumulative GPA after fall semester or superscored standardized test scores .
All additional submissions to WVU Admissions will trigger the
review of your WVU application by the Honors College. The last ACT and SAT dates for Fall admission to the Honors College
are the February ACT and March SAT.
- If you meet the benchmarks, it will typically take 1-2 weeks after your admissions
letter from WVU for an Honors College invitation letter to arrive in the mail. You will
also receive an invitation by email.
- Once you receive your invitation, you should complete the instructions to submit an Honors College admissions essay to the Honors College online as directed.
- It usually takes 5-7 business days (excluding holidays and University closures) for each essay to be reviewed by the Honors Admissions Committee.
- Once your essay is reviewed, you will receive an email with more information. If admitted, an official acceptance letter should be on its way to you within 3-4 weeks of your admissions decision.
- The Fall 2022 admissions deadline for all Honors College admissions
Friday, May 6, 2021 at 11:59 p.m.
- If you are interested in living in
you may be eligible to apply to live in
Honors Hall (Downtown Campus)
Lincoln Hall (Evansdale Campus)
two business days after being admitted to the Honors College. Contact the
Housing Assignments Office with any questions about the Housing
Application process: 304-293-2811.
- You must complete the Housing Application requirements before you can apply for Honors Housing, regardless of admission status with the Honors College. These requirements include paying your academic and housing deposits.
- Students interested in housing should apply to WVU and the Honors College promptly, as all WVU Housing is first-come, first served.