Students have multiple options to fulfill their Honors Thesis/ Senior Project Requirement:
- A thesis-based 496 course that results in the production of a major final product.
- A full semester (or more) of study abroad for which the additional honors work has been completed for Honors credit .
- The study abroad application is available at the following address: https://honorswvu.wufoo.com/forms/study-abroad-application/
- At least three credits of internship that meets the defined criteria for Honors credit.
- At least three credits of undergraduate research (497) that has been approved for Honors credit.
- Successful completion of SRVL495 with an independent Service Learning project.
Students doing a senior project must also apply to have this experience counted as such by completing the thesis application available at the following address: https://honorswvu.wufoo.com/forms/thesis-application/
Additionally, some departments have identified capstone options that can or do meet the standard of an Honors Senior project, which:
- involves significant independent work on a major project
- involves the production of new knowledge
- involves thorough documentation and/or public presentation
- represents a significant, substantial culmination of the student’s undergraduate work.
The Honors Thesis Capstone Chart is provided for you to see a list (by major) of eligible courses that will count as a Capstone Course.
If an advisor or chair believes that an appropriate additional option exists within their department, please contact the Honors College Dean to initiate a review.