Two opportunities are available for students interested in coaching:
FUNdamentals: an introductory soccer program for children ages 2-4. Children learn basic soccer skills through small games and activities. Coaches are needed starting Sept. 5 through Oct. 26. Coaches are paid $20 for one session and $35 for two. There will also be Sunday afternoon sessions available at the same pay rate.
- Tuesday, Cheat Lake Fields, 5-7:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, St. Francis Fields, 5-7:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Laurel Point Fields, 6-7:30 p.m.
TOPSoccer: a soccer league designed for children with physical and/or mental disabilities who are not able to participate on a typical soccer team. TOPSoccer gives all players the same chance to play soccer. All coaches in this program are volunteers.
- Sessions every Sunday from 3-3:45 p.m. beginning Sept. 17 through Oct. 29. There will be no session Oct. 8.
- There are also volunteer opportunities to work with players who have progressed out of the TOPS Program, but still need assistance in their respective soccer divisions.
To apply to be a coach for Mountaineer United Soccer Club, please send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org
- your contact information;
a brief summary of your experiences working with children, children with disabilities, or coaching in any capacity;
days/ sessions you would like to work (specify FUNdamentals, TOPS or both).