General Position Description
Under the supervision of the Congressional and Political Papers Archivist, the intern will work approximately 8-10 hours per week to process, arrange, and describe the Governor Arch A. Moore Jr. papers according to standards and best practices, and aid with special projects as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Review, survey, and inventory collection materials;
- Assist in housing the collection in appropriate containers and conducting preservation activities;
- Write clear and concise descriptions of contents of collections in finding aids, inventories, and databases according to archival standards using Microsoft Word, Excel, and collection management tools;
- As necessary, assist with digital projects, exhibits, and other special projects.
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to perform detailed and accurate work
- Computer skills, including the ability to use Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to communicate effectively and interact well with people of all ages and of diverse backgrounds
- Ability to lift boxes weighing up to 40 lbs.
- Transportation to the Libraries' Depository, located off campus
Spring Semester 2018
$8.75 per hour
Applications are due Nov. 3, 2017. Please send a resume and brief cover letter to:
Danielle Emerling, Congressional and Political Papers Archivist