Each year Adventure WV runs summer First Year Trips for over 1,000 incoming freshmen to help students develop strong friendships, adventure around the state, learn about WVU, and engage in relevant discussions about their transition to college.
Trip Leaders and Program Support Staff are the backbone of these programs; facilitating positive and transformative experiences. Each year Adventure WV invites 30-40 new staff to join their Leadership Training Program and Summer Leadership Team; Adventure WV is proud of their small, dedicated, and outstanding community of student staff members.
Learn More & Apply
Applications and more information are available here. Applications are due by 4 p.m. on Thursday, October 11.
- You to do not need to have participated on a First-Year Trip to apply
- You do not need extensive outdoor experience to apply
- Adventure WV is seeking individuals of diverse experiences and backgrounds with sound decision-making abilities and exemplary teaching and leadership potential. Adventure WV will provide the necessary leadership and technical training for you to be an outstanding staff member through Adventure WV's spring 3-credit leader training course.
- Program Support Staff work on campus managing the organizational components of the program and supporting students and staff in various ways.
- Trip Leaders work on and off campus facilitating activities such as: rock climbing, backpacking, whitewater rafting, hiking, service work, and much more.
Questions & Information<
- Tabling in the Student Recreation Center: Wednesday, Sept. 26 & Thursday, Sept. 27 from 1-4 p.m.