Interested in becoming a tutor for the testWELL Learning Center? Learn more about what tutoring at testWELL is all about at one of two offered Tutor Info Panels:
Wednesday, Oct. 3 from 4-5 p.m., Honors Hall Media Room (Downtown)
Wednesday, Oct. 3 from 5:30-6:30 p.m., Lincoln Hall Theater(Evansdale)
Applications for tutors are now open, and will close on Oct. 19.
Tutors are selected based on their academic achievement and/or expertise in the subject area(s) in which they intend to tutor.
Students must have earned a final grade of no less than an "A-" in the course(s) they are tutoring, and have an overall grade point average of at least 3.3 to serve as a tutor.
Tutors must be responsible with outstanding interpersonal skills, excellent communication skills, a strong desire to work with a diverse population of students, and an above average level of content knowledge.
Tutors are required to:
- Complete HONR 201: Peer Tutoring
- Complete HONR 301: Advanced Peer Tutoring
- Tutor individual students and/or lead collaborative study groups in the testWELL Learning Center for an average of 8-10 hours per week (max of 20 hours per week)
- Serve as a tutor, mentor and positive role model for students in the Honors College
- Plan and implement academic/professional programs for Honors students
- Assist with Honors early move-in
- Help with National Tutoring Week events in the Fall semester
How to Apply