The Honors College is seeking applicants for the position of graduate assistant. This position will provide support to the Honors College assistant dean in the coordination of the Honors Foundations program.
- Provide support and oversight for student records in various Honors programs
- Deliver presentations to students, including but not limited to “how to earn Honors credits” and Honors senior information sessions
- Conduct research on individual and collective student success in various Honors programs
- Provide support as needed to Honors College initiatives
- Current West Virginia University graduate student in good standing
- Must maintain a 3.0+ cumulative GPA
- Enrolled in at least nine (9) credit hours in a degree-earning graduate program at West Virginia University
- Enthusiastic, creative, collaborative and flexible
- Self-motivated and able to work with little direct supervision
- Ability to work collaboratively with others
- Ability to maintain confidentially in all operations and interactions
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience with Honors education as a student is preferred, but not required
- $20,000 for an eleven-month appointment
- Full tuition waiver for the academic year
This graduate assistantship is an eleven-month appointment working within the Honors College during the academic year and providing the Summer Undergraduate Research Experience (SURE) with instructional and administrative support during the summer.
Expected start date is May 16th, 2019. Applicants should consult with their academic program to ensure they are eligible for a graduate assistantship outside their unit.
How to Apply
By April 1, 2019
, interested individuals should send a cover letter stating their qualifications for the position along with a resume or CV and contact information of three references to Dr. Damien Clement, Honors, P. O. Box 6635, Morgantown, WV 26506-6635 or via email to Damien.Clement@mail.wvu.edu
West Virginia University is committed to Social Justice, is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.