The West Virginia University Sports Nutrition Department is seeking student volunteers to assist the Director of Sports Nutrition of Football during summer 2019. This is an unpaid volunteer position. The number of student volunteers accepted is to be determined.
Before looking at the application requirements, please read the summary below of what types of projects, tasks and experiences you would have as a sports nutrition volunteer.
Sports nutrition volunteers will contribute to the Sports Nutrition Department by performing some or all of the following:
- stocking and distributing NCAA-compliant food and/or supplements to student-athletes at fueling stations, practice and competitions;
- managing inventory;
- developing educational materials;
- assisting with body composition testing;
- potentially helping with grocery store tours and cooking demonstrations;
- contributing to social media (Twitter, Instagram);
- conducting literature reviews;
- and any other duties as assigned by the Director of Sports Nutrition of Football and the Sports Nutrition of Football graduate assistant.
Through these tasks and projects, volunteers will support the continued development of the Sports Nutrition Department at West Virginia University, while also gaining invaluable experience and exposure to the nutritional needs of Division I student-athletes and the day-to-day duties of a collegiate sports nutrition department.
How to ApplyComplete the application and instructions in the following document [PDF].
If you are interested in being a part of this program, please send in all
required documents by
Wednesday, April 24 at 5 p.m. to
Abby Reid, Sports Nutrition of Football graduate assistant.
All applications will be reviewed and applicants informed of their status by Friday, May 3.