The Pre-Health Professional Development office offers a variety of workshops and seminars throughout the semester to help students prepare to apply to graduate-level health professional schools, such as medical, dental, PA, PT, OT and more.
See the full schedule below. Register on the Get Started page here.
Interviewing for Health Professional School WorkshopAttend this workshop to learn the basics of interviewing for graduate-level health professional school (e.g. medical, dental, PA, PT, OT, etc.) and practice your interviewing skills. Space is limited to pre-health students who have completed at least one year of undergraduate studies. It is best if you have attended or viewed the Competitive Applicant Seminar in the past.
- *Monday, Jan. 27 from 5:30-7:30 p.m., Health Sciences South, Room 8606
- Thursday, April 2 from 5:30-7:30 p.m., Health Sciences North, Room 1909
How to Apply to Health Professional School WorkshopLearn about the application process for health professional schools e.g. medical, dental, physician assistant, etc.). This seminar is useful for any pre-health student but will be particularly helpful for those applying during the next cycle.
- Thursday, Jan. 30 from 5:30-6:30 p.m., Health Science North, Room 2940
- Monday, Feb. 10 from 3:30-4:30 p.m., Mountainlair, Rhododendron Room
Committee Letter Information SessionLearn how to receive a Pre-Health Committee Letter to support your application to dental, medical, or other graduate health professional school this year. It is best to attend this seminar in the year that you plan to apply. For more information please visit the Committee Letters page on the Pre-Health Professional Development Office website.
- Thursday, Jan. 30 from 6:30-7:30 p.m., Health Science North, Room 2940
- Monday, Feb. 10 from 4:30-5:30 p.m., Mountainlair, Rhododendron Room
PT/PA Application Prep Information SessionThis information session is for students who plan to apply to physical therapy or physician assistant graduate programs this (2020) cycle. The Pre-Health Office is offering the Application Prep Program, which focuses on self-assessment of preparedness, application material feedback and interviewing. Attend this session to learn how to receive additional support through the upcoming application cycle.
- Wednesday, Feb. 12 from 5:30-6:30 p.m., Health Sciences North, Room 1901
How to Become a Competitive Applicant SeminarLearn what health professional schools look for in an applicant and create your action plan [DOCX] to become a competitive applicant. This seminar is useful for any student interested in a health professions career.
- Monday, Feb. 17 from 5:30-6:30 p.m., LSB, Room G11