These projects are meant to be interdisciplinary, and not limited by faculty specialty. Energy & water research associated with the upstream, midstream, and downstream sectors would be relevant. As would research in other forms of energy production that share commonalities with petroleum production. All ideas are encouraged to be brought forth by students or faculty for consideration.
Some examples of research may be:
- Novel treatments for produced water.
- Hydrologic regime related to erosion control settling pond.
- Economic and environmental considerations in using water pipelines, rather than trucking water in to frac a site for gas production.
- Examining the feasibility of water capture and retention for re-use in domestic, agricultural, or industrial applications from solar farm impervious surfaces.
- Practices for reducing sedimentation during site construction.