Davis College Seeks Macro-invertebrate Sorting ID Technician
The Davis College is seeking a motivated individual to assist with sorting and identifying macro-invertebrate specimens for a state-wide wetland water quality study. Approximately 500 total soil core samples and 250 D-net sweeps will be collected for both spring and fall seasons. Weekly samples need to be sorted within 5 days of collection, preserved and later identified to genus. Sample sorting and identification will take place in Percival Hall in rom 318.
The position is a seasonal, however there is an opportunity to be re-hired in the spring. The end date for this position for the current hiring period is Monday, Nov. 15, 2021. The salary will be $10.00 an hour for 20 hours a week. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis and employees will start as soon as possible.
Please see the qualifications below before applying:
- Patience and ability to pay attention to detail when sorting and identifying specimens.
- Ability to identify macro-invertebrates using dichotomous keys and microscopes.
- Ability to record and maintain data with exceptional organizing skills.
- Earned or working for a degree in wildlife, biology, natural resources or related field.
- Comfortable working alone with accountability under minimal supervision.
To apply, please email a cover letter, copy of your resume or CV and contact information for at
least two references to Sindupa De Silva at email@example.com.