The Graduate Assistant will report to the Associate Dean of the Honors College. This position will be responsible for planning, organizing and implementing a comprehensive student involvement program designed to enhance the total learning experience for students through diversity and inclusion activities within the Honors College.
- Develop, plan, implement, market and evaluate the programming of diversity and inclusion programming, activities and special projects in collaboration with Honors College staff
- Collaborate with Honors College affiliated units (ASPIRE Office, Pre-Health Professional Development Office and the Office of Undergraduate Research) to improve diversity and inclusion in their processes and outcomes
- Develop creative engagement with social media, website & other sources of communication
- Serve on the Honors College DEI Task Force and other committees as needed
- Assist in researching diversity and inclusion topics and prepare reports of findings, as needed
- Co-advise Honors College Affinity Groups
- Provide support as needed to Honors College initiatives
- Work 20 hours per week
- West Virginia University graduate student in good standing
- Must maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Enroll in at least nine (9) credit hours in a degree-earning graduate program at West Virginia University while in position
- Enthusiastic, creative, collaborative and flexible
- Self-motivated and able to work with little direct supervision
- Ability to work collaboratively with others
- Demonstrate experience with cultural programing
- Ability to communicate effectively with people from different social, cultural and educational backgrounds
- Willingness to work with individuals from different gender, sexual orientation/expression, national, ethnic, ability, social, religious and economic backgrounds
- Experience with Honors education as a student is preferred, but not required
- $15,000 for a nine-month appointment
- Full tuition waiver for the academic year
This graduate assistantship is a nine-month appointment working within the Honors College during the academic year. Expected start date is August 16, 2022.
Applicants should consult with their academic program to ensure they are eligible for a graduate assistantship outside their unit.
How to Apply
By March 1, 2022, interested individuals should send a cover letter stating their qualifications for the position along with a resume or CV and contact information for three references by email to Damien.Clement@mail.wvu.edu or via mail to:
Dr. Damien Clement
P. O. Box 6635
West Virginia University is committed to Social Justice, is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.