The Graduate Assistant will report to the Associate Dean of the Honors College. This position will provide support to the Associate Dean in the coordination of the Honors Foundations program.
- Provide support for student records in various Honors programs
- Conduct research on individual and collective student success in various Honors programs
- Provide support as needed to Honors College initiatives
- Work 20 hours per week
- West Virginia University graduate student in good standing
- Must maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Enroll in at least nine (9) credit hours in a degree-earning graduate program at West Virginia University while in position
- Enthusiastic, creative, collaborative and flexible
- Self-motivated and able to work with little direct supervision
- Ability to work collaboratively with others
- Ability to maintain confidentially in all operations and interactions
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience with Honors education as a student is preferred, but not required
- $15,000 for a nine-month appointment
- Full tuition waiver for the academic year
This graduate assistantship is a nine-month appointment working within the Honors College during the academic year. Expected start date is August 16, 2022.
Applicants should consult with their academic program to ensure they are eligible for a graduate assistantship outside their unit.
How to Apply
By March 1, 2022, interested individuals should send a cover letter stating their qualifications for the position along with a resume or CV and contact information for three references by email to Damien.Clement@mail.wvu.edu or via mail to:
Dr. Damien Clement
P. O. Box 6635
West Virginia University is committed to Social Justice, is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.